Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Misbehavin'

Yes, we were BAD. We went into the renowned Crow's Nest Restaurant and gobbled up everything we could order. Seafood bisque of the first stripe, swordfish with Bearnaise, and Mary had her first-ever order of stone crabs, which I had to assist in cracking. Then we retired to the boat, bloated, to sleep it off. Mary was even too full to attempt the house creme broule.

But before that, we rode a couple of the marina loaner bikes around town there in Venice. What a pretty town! It was full of broad boulevards with overhanging trees. The downtown shopping district looked well kept and was of a style gone a generation or three ago. We rode back to the marina in a spitting rain.

I am considering penning a cookbook entitled "The Ford-Lehman Cookbook" subtitled "Use That Hunk of Hot Iron for Something Besides Propulsion." Every time Mary wants to heat something up in the nuker, I tell her I'd be happy to open the engine room hatch and place the item wrapped up in foil on either of the Ford-Lehman main engines laboring away under her feet. She hasn't taken me up on it yet, but today she placed an item on the teak deck in the sun to take some refrigerator chill off it; so maybe she's coming around to my way of thinking.

This cooking idea is not so half-baked either. Temperature control accomplished by placing the items to be cooked on different parts of the engine. Having done a temperature study of the engines at cruising speed with my infra-red thermometer gun, I have a very good idea about where to place things. Why I could even get out my big black magic marker and ink the various expected temperatures on the engine for easy reference. My ear plugs are handy for when the world's resounding approval is received.

Enough of this reverie, as we are getting close to the Wright'shome here in Treasure Island, and I must attend more closely to my navigation.

And fini for the Miss Patricia

  Thursday 14 January 2021 Southport, FL We were underway at 0615 from an entirely peaceful night with no wind after sunset with just enough...