Wednesday, June 28, 2017

On the road - for real


Wednesday, 29 June 2017

TRAFFIC!

 I awoke at 0530 and decided that since I was not going to go back to sleep, Mary was just going to have to get up and get going too.  I had told her the night before that facing an almost 600-mile drive to Orange Beach to retrieve our pickup truck from brother Jim’s house that we would have to get going early.  By 0645 we were stuffed into our stuffed rented Nissan Rogue.  I don’t think we could have slipped a pancake into that vehicle it was so full.  We arrived safely in Orange Beach at 6 PM, and Mary has informed me that there will be no repetition of today’s zero-dark hundred departure.  We will transfer the mass of stuff from one vehicle to the other and then go to Foley to return the Nissan the Enterprise Rental Car.

And fini for the Miss Patricia

  Thursday 14 January 2021 Southport, FL We were underway at 0615 from an entirely peaceful night with no wind after sunset with just enough...