Thursday, December 17, 2020

Spending Spree, whee!

 

17 December 2020 Southport, FL

This boating stuff is so much PHUN!  Frank has turned to with a will collecting all the equipment he wants us to load aboard for the trip.  He came over the other day while he was estimating a nearby dock job (BTW, his black lab is named Dock) and dropped off the company credit card, and by nightfall I had raided Harbor Freight and West Marine to the tune of about 560 bucks!  That’s on top of the 600 bucks of my own money I had paid to order three critical shore power cord adapters (seller keeping them). Yesterday, Frank showed up with a Weber gas grill new in the box (NIB) which weighs a ton.  I think I’m going to have to wheel it down the pier and open the box on the pier in order to load it piece by piece where I will assemble it.  He had a fully charged brand new 8-gallon propane tank with it.  Today he showed up with a second 100-foot 5/8” stern anchor rode with stainless thimble already spliced in (I had already bought and spliced one, but he is determined to have two), a NIB 40” TV, NIB blender, and NIB GIGANTIC toaster oven.  Tonight, he informed us he had bought towels and sheets and pillows for the boat.  I think the thrust of this outfitting became clearer to me when he mentioned that he intends to show up in Orange Beach at turn over with five or six adults to help him finish the voyage to Bay County.  Party barge anybody?  He informed me today that the survey went well with wide open throttle (WOT) achieving 4400 RPM running 22 MPH.  That is at the high end of the Crusader 7.4L WOT RPM range; so all seems well there.

And fini for the Miss Patricia

  Thursday 14 January 2021 Southport, FL We were underway at 0615 from an entirely peaceful night with no wind after sunset with just enough...